Friday, November 12, 2010

Willow's Lunch

032

Gobble gobble! First turkey bento!

Willow had a bologna sandwich with a turkey turkey on top! She also had a few grapes, carrots and a strawberry. This was fun to make! I think the sugar eyes make him look like he's a bit dizzy. And I must have been a bit dizzy when I added the little thing next to his beak because it looks awful (I dunno, what is it called, a Wattle??) But I was rushed and what can ya do when you have a crawling baby hanging on your ankles?!

038
The tail is made out of red, orange and yellow peppers and I simply used the long ear of a bunny cookie cutter to make the feathers.

Willow's lunch today was packed in my new super cute bento box from mysweetmuffin.com  
I was thrilled when they offered me one for review because they have so many wonderful bento boxes on their web site to choose from. This one is called Pretty Alice and it's one of Shinzi Katoh's designs. I notice his bento boxes are becoming all the rage right now, and rightly so. He does such beautiful artistic designs that tend to be of famous stories such as Alice in Wonderland, Little Red Riding Hood, Pinocchio, The Wizard of Oz etc . You can find all these bento boxes also on mysweetmuffin.com

As you can see; this box is actually a 2-tiered bento with a divider in the top box and a snug-fitting lid for the bottom. On the top of the lid the text reads: 'Pretty Alice Met Many Mad Characters in Wonderland'. It always makes me giggle to read any words written on bento boxes because they are usually translated from Japanese.

This really is such a cute box, both in design and in size. At first glance, I thought it would be too small but it is actually perfectly proportioned for my (almost) 4 year old. Dimensions are: 5.5"L x 4"W x 3.25"H. And it is also microwave-safe. I know Willow is going to love taking this to school!

After browsing their site too, I found so many other things to add to my wishlist. Such as the Din Din Smart Stainless Bus Platter. Isn't that neat??

38 comments:

kitten said...

The turkey is so cute! Haha. I also love the stainless steel bus platter! :)

Kelly Polizzi said...

Thanks kitten! I know, I want to get that so bad!

Mommalina said...

OH My!!! I would definetely copy this ... the turkey is just too cute!!!

Kelly Polizzi said...

Lina: thanks so much and feel free!

Kelly Polizzi said...

thank you, Eschelle :)

Bar 7 Ranch said...

That is an awesome turkey!!!!!

Kelly said...

that is such a great turkey!

Heather said...

My poor kids. I force them to make their own lunch. They would not know what to think if I made them this.

Ashley said...

So adorable, I think the waddle is great personally. I mean, the sandwhich has a waddle, that in itself is pretty amazing! Do you waste a lot of food when you make these lunches? Like what do you do with the rest of the peppers?

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Shut up that is the cutest turkey ever!! Thanks for the link to mysweetmuffin..I do not think I have heard of them :)

Kelly Polizzi said...

Bar 7 Ranch and Kelly: thank you for liking it!

Kelly Polizzi said...

Heather: thats too funny. You should surprise them. I bet they would be thrilled!

Rachel said...

That turkey is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Polizzi said...

Ashley: thanks so much. I wish I had done a better job. Most of the time I put the scraps from bentos to another use. Carrot scraps in chicken soup for example, or sandwich scraps = mommy's lunch (but i do try to use cookie cutters that use up the whole sandwich minus the scraps which she doesnt eat anyway), you can tuck vegetable/fruit scraps under other vegetables and fruits too. With these peppers - I bought them for a stir fry and just took a little out to make the turkey.

Kelly Polizzi said...

mommyofgirlz: thanks and you're welcome!

Kelly Polizzi said...

thank you so much rachel!

Unknown said...

That turkey is absolutely adorable! One of your cutest yet!

jen

Kelly Polizzi said...

Aww thank you so much Jen :)

Mel_Cole said...

OMG, wow, so creative of you! I am here from My Think of me Thursday here. Hope to see you in my blog.

Kelly Caffee said...

You ARE amazing!! I love that you make healthy foods fun to eat! And a super-thanks for the blog advice - I think I added the link correctly - can you check it??? :)

Kelly Polizzi said...

aww thanks Kelly, you are so sweet.

It still doesn't bring up your blog when i click on your little pic under my followers and that is what i meant. It brings up a page that has your activities on there and sites you've joined but there should be one saying, 'my links' with your blog next to it to make it easier for people to find you when they see you have added them for instance. Which is what i was linking for. Unless i'm missing something. Should be a way to fix it in your settings. Look for something that says, add your link or my links. Wish I could remember how i did it :/

Emily Ng said...

haha..the turkey is sooo adorable. Love those colorful tail feathers. Great job. :)

Tracey M. said...

Just wanted to stop over and send you some "bloggy love". I wrote a post with a link to you in it. You've been an inspiration and wanted to share about it.

Here's the post link:
http://lantytracey.blogspot.com/2010/11/traceys-kitchen.html

Your blog is so great. I love the new look too.

KidsDreamWork said...

The colourful turkey is super cute! In fact I likes the dizzy look cause by the sugar eyes! :D

Angeleyes said...

Love the turkey!!!! So cute and colorful!!!!

Kelly Polizzi said...

thanks emily!

Kelly Polizzi said...

tracey M: aww thank you! Good to hear from you.

Kelly Polizzi said...

KidsDreamWork / Angeleyes :) thanks so much for your comments :D

Turning the Clock Back said...

very cute! Following you from Mingle Monday. Hope you get a chance to follow back. I am having my Green Holiday Giving event so there are lots of ecofriendly giveaways to enter right now. Hope you have a great week!

Diane
http://www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

How creative! Your little girl is lucky to have such a fun mom!

Unknown said...

Oh, so cute!!!

I am a new follower from Making Friends Monday! Hope you will stop by my review and giveaway blog, "in my opinion..." and follow me as well. Here's the link:

http://couponsandfreebiesforyou.blogspot.com/

I do have several blogs, but this on is the one I am looking for followers for. Thanks sooo much and have a blessed day! :)

Caren said...

So, so, so cute!! I wish my girls would eat peppers. I LOVE the colors!!!

Kelly Polizzi said...

Thanks caren. My daughter doesnt really either . I just keep offering foods she refuses right now and try to make them cute in the hope that eventually she will accept them. She won't if i dont give them to her anyway!

Kelly Polizzi said...

thank you tammy!I'm lucky to have her too :)

Kelli W said...

That turkey is absolutely adorable! I worder if my kiddos would eat peppers if I put them on a turkey like that:)

Jackie Koll said...

I am so glad that I saw your link on Craft-O-Maniac. I really struggle with coming up with healthy, creative, fun lunches and your site is just what I needed. I've also linked from your site to others you mention for more ideas. I'm a huge planner so I'm already thinking of ideas to start in January with my kids. Thanks for posting all of your great ideas!!

Kelly Polizzi said...

hi jackie, glad you like my blog :)

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails