Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Corn Chowder


So I had my drs appointment yesterday and was disappointed to see no system set up in the room for ultrasound and knew it was just going to be a heartbeat check up. But I was pleased to hear that everything is OK with the baby's heartrate. One more month to find out the sex. I can do it!

I've been thinking a lot about names. Stephen says he's not going to waste his time thinking of names for both sexes, he just wants to wait until we know. And if it's anything like my last pregnancy, it will be right in the last month that he starts suggesting names! But I guess it's a motherly thing to want to be prepared in that way. He did suggest Peyton this afternoon which I think is pretty.

I made a new recipe for corn chowder today for Willow's lunch. And, although it doesn't look particularly attractive in the pic, she liked it. She didn't finish all of it but I know it's a keeper because she's a bit like her Daddy in that area; if she doesn't like something you'll know it because she won't eat a bite more. The recipe is below although I didn't follow ingredient amounts, I couldn't be bothered with weighing and stuff. I 'eyeballed' it as Rachel Ray says.

Corn Chowder

Ingredients
1 tsp good-quality vegetable oil or butter
5cm (2in) piece leek, well washed and sliced (I didn't have any leek so I minced a little onion)
quarter red pepper, finely chopped
300ml (half pint) milk
125g (4oz) fresh, frozen or tinned sweetcorn (unsalted, unsweetened)
1 potato, chopped
1 bay leaf
60ml (2fl oz) single cream

Method
Heat the oil or butter in the pan over a medium heat. Gently fry the leek and red pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the milk, sweetcorn, potato and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the cream, remove the bay leaf and blen briefly in a food processor or liquidizer. Serve with crusty bread or fingers of cheese on toast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad everything went ok at the docs, so difficult choosing names we had a girls name ready but was really stuck for a boys name, we got kyles name from a name book that kieran got us and one day wayne sat down a literally read out every single boys name we shortlisted the ones we liked and asked people to vote at my baby shower then we narrowed it down to kyle in the end.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails