Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Willow's lunch

Yesterday I started a diet. Nothing new there, I usually start them in the morning and break them by the evening – which is my weakest time of the day! But this time I actually did some exercise! I used one of my home DVD’s (absolutely no way I’m going to a gym right now). Anyhow, I might have put a little too much ‘into it’ because today I have barely been able to walk! My legs, quads to be specific, are so sore even Willow can't sit on my lap! I don’t think there will be any more exercise for this week at least. Sigh. Can’t seem to get ahead!

Here is what Willow ate for lunch today:

I bought these cute little Wilton cookie cutters at the craft store yesterday that came with a monkey, elephant and lion. So I used the monkey ones for her lunch and cut the features out of cheese, ham and nori with little black sesame seed nostrils. And she had some banana chunks, pretzels and animal crackers to go with the sandwiches. She ate every last bite, which makes me happy!

Stephen blew up the pool last night that my dad bought for Willow. Today it was hot enough for her to play in it so we did that after grocery shopping. Here she is, having a good time and doing her cheesy smile.



See other fun bentos over at bento lunch

7 comments:

Tracey M. said...

Yay! Your comments are working! I tried it yesterday but as you know it wasn't working. I like your new layout :o) Your lunches are so inspiring. I found a dinosaur shape cutter while grocery shopping and out of that inspiration I bought it since my son loves dinosaurs. It'll be fun to try. The pool looks so refreshing.

Kelly Polizzi said...

Thanks so much tracey! Usually I am the one getting inspired by others! lol Hope to see some pics of your dinosaurs :)Funnily enough, my daughter is obsessed with dinosaurs! I have a cutter for her too!

Shannon said...

The monkey is just darling!!! I especially like the banana chunks with him.

Thanks for linking up this week! :o)

Unknown said...

Hi! I am here from New Friend Friday!
That lunch is screaming FUN! SO cute and creative!!!!
Your children are beautiful!
Happy friday! Melanie

Melissa said...

This is so cute, Kelly! It's not easy to make expressive faces with food - this is adorable! :)

Asashia said...

I'm a new follower! How cute! Thanks for the inspiration---I hope to use this to get my little guy to expand his palette.

Mommalina said...

Cute monkeys ... yumm yummm!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails