Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Scrubbing can be fun!

What’s a fun and inexpensive activity you can do with your toddler on a rainy day that will keep them occupied for a long time AND make them feel like they’re being very useful?

Cleaning Pennies!

There haven’t been too many rainy days lately but it’s still something Willow likes to do when we have to stay home for whatever reason. And yesterday that reason was so Mommy could try to get ahead on all that housework I mentioned. And, just incase you’re wondering, I didn’t yet but I’m getting there!

So, pennies ….

You could start by having your children go hunting through every nook and cranny to try to find as many as they can (you could even hide a few to help them out!) and collect them all in a bowl. Once they think they have found them all, pour some water into the bowl and let them clean the pennies with an old toothbrush. If you really want the pennies to shine, add a little vinegar to the water.

Once Willow had cleaned her pennies, she put them in her little piggy bank which she painted before hand just for this reason. Next we have to count all the shiny pennies and go shopping for a toy!


5 comments:

RoseBelle said...

That's a cool idea. We have a penny piggy bank. This will surely keep my girls occupied...somewhat.

PACountryMouse said...

Great idea!! My son loves finding money & this is a great way to keep him occupied!

Unknown said...

Remind me of this one when kyle gets older and i ring you to say he is bored!

I would have to hide some because there are no pennies left around this house they all go in the penny bottle.

JIll said...

Great idea.

your newest follower.

http://mastersandamom.blogspot.com/

Hattie said...

Hi, just stopping by from Welcome Wednesday! I'm your newest follower. I've done the exact same thing with my boys to keep them busy! Ha! Hope you can stop by and check out my blog!

http://godlovehim-hattie.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails