Monday, February 28, 2011

Willow's Lunch

Since it was a really wet and gloomy day outside and the kids and I were stuck indoors all day, I decided it would be the perfect time to try my hand at bread-making - something I've been wanting to do for a while but was never making the right meal that day or had enough time on another. 

To me, making bread usually means, mashing a couple of bananas and mixing it with Bisquick before putting in the oven and baking. But today this meant tackling dinner rolls! With yeast! So intimidating! lol. I did feel rather like a pro though, as I punched and kneaded, rolled and shaped. Even if this was the ending result!


I wish I could blame it on the poor picture but they really weren't magazine-worthy appearance-wise. But they did taste better than they looked. At least according to my husband who said that he was very impressed with them and thanked me numerous times for making them. Bless his lil' cottons.

In other news, I missed Muffin Tin Monday again this week. Although this time it was on purpose. I just found it easier to throw a turkey sandwich together with some pineapple and carrots for Willow with all the other things I had to do today.


It was rather blah and uncolorful (if thats a word) but she ate almost all of it, my good girl. Even the carrots this time. Note: I tried teeny tiny carrots!

6 comments:

Hannah said...

They look delicious to me!
And i bet your husband wasn't exaggerating at all!

My husband seems overly impressed by things like homemade bread and pizza bases!

Angie said...

I love Willow's lunches and the creativity behind it! I don't have kids but you are very inspiring! :)

Cooking Gallery said...

I can see that your lunches are made with love! You have adorable children :).

Anonymous said...

You see... the most of the weird looking (aka ugly) food in photographs are usually very delicious! I believe in your hubs :).
Lovely bento, Willow is a lucky sweetie to have a mommy like you ^_^.

Kelly Polizzi said...

thanks karaimame!

Umm Mymoonah said...

Healthy and delicious lunch, looks very attractive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails