Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Hubby Cake!

It was my husband's birthday last Tuesday and yesterday we celebrated it at my MIL's of course. I can honestly say I have never heard Stephen milk his birthday quite as much as he did this year lol. Everything ended in, ''cause it is my birthday' and this lasted all week of course. By the time we actually celebrated his birthday on Friday, it had gotten very old. Hence the reason I made him such a sloppy cake.


Juuuust kiddin'.

It really wasn't meant to be sloppy, I adore my hubby. I don't know if you can tell in the pic but the buttercream I made was a little too soft so the piping lacked definition and drooped a little. Even so, it was my best attempt at writing on a cake. I've gone from writing like a three year old to a five year old, go me! I also cheated a bit and used store-bought ready-made cakes which I filled with white chocolate pudding. The cake lady at the store (or Janet, as I should probably call her) is always so nice and helpful. She puts up with all my questions and goes out of her way to teach me tricks of the trade. She even gave me the cake layers free!

And for anyone else who enjoys a spot of cake decorating; I found this wonderfully informative site called My Cake School which I signed up to and have learned tons from. This is one talented lady!

2 comments:

Tiffany Yang said...

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for the comment on my blog.
I just added your blog on my blogroll. Can't believe I didn't do it earlier. I've been following your blog for a while.
Also....Happy Birthday to Stephen ^^

Kelly Polizzi said...

thanks for adding me tiffany. Same to you, I should have added you before because I look forward to reading your blog everyday. I don't really update it very well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails