Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Recipes

Tried a couple of new recipes recently. One being potato croquettes (the curious thing in the middle of my lunch above). The recipe is simple, you can use leftover mashed potato that has sat in the fridge overnight. Season it up good and roll into logs. Then roll in flour, then beaten egg, then seasoned breadcrumbs. Put back in the fridge for at least two hours and then deep fry at 350F for about five minutes or until golden. I thought they were really good, although Stephen thought they needed some cheese to flavor them up more. I would also try making small ball shapes next time to get more of a crunch. Mine were a little potatoey.

The other recipe i tried was peach crisp, which I don't have any decent pics of so we'll skip that one. It turned out very nice though!

And then, this morning, I made Willow some healthy wholewheat blueberry muffins. I added a little pineapple too. Think they could have done with a minute or two less in the oven but i'm sure she'll still eat them. Here's a pic of my little helper in action.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails