Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Soup and quick bread


Above is my delicious noodle soup. Actually my mother-in-law's, I make it her way all the time. She's such a great cook. We had it the other day made with turkey instead of chicken and homemade stock made using the turkey bones. Delicious with warm ciabatta bread.

Below is my zucchini bread. It's the second time i've made it but the first time using zucchini from my garden. I made plenty to freeze ... if it ever makes it to the freezer. It's a good way to get Willow to eat zucchini.


Zucchini Bread
3 large eggs
1 cup veg oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
3 tsp. vanilla (i forgot to add this time, tastes fine without it)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts (can leave out)
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Stir together eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini. Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add to zucchini mixture. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. May need 15 minutes more. Cool completely before freezing. Makes 2 loaves or 4-5 mini loaves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails