Monday, October 26, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

I had some crescent roll dough in the refrigerator I needed to use up the other day so when I saw a recipe for cinnamon buns which used crescent roll dough I decided to give it a shot. Here’s a pic, again with Stephen’s camera, of how they turned out. I made an orange glaze to go with them. Stephen said they were good but he wasn’t keen on the orange icing. He wanted regular. I liked them but don’t think they topped store-bought cinnamon rolls so will probably just stick with those. Still, they're not bad if you're craving something sweet and quick to make.

Recipe:
1 pkg. crescent roll dough
Cinnamon-sugar
A little melted butter

Preheat oven to 375F.
Roll out dough, sealing perforations.
Spread with melted butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Roll up dough long ways and cut into rounds of about 2 inches or so.
Either place them on a baking sheet (cut side up) or in a mini muffin pan (which is what I did)
Bake for about 17 minutes.

For the icing, just mix together some milk and confectioners' sugar with a little vanilla. Or sub orange juice for the milk and leave out the vanilla to make the orange icing that I used.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep i will be copying this one down now actually. thanks :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails