Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

Been a while since I last posted. I guess I've just been busy with Christmas. It was a nice cozy one, spent with Stephen's family and watching my little girl open all her presents with joy. That just gave an amazing feeling I hadn't predicted. Seeing her little face and watching her having fun playing with them. Really special.

With her new doll. She was surprisingly very motherly. I think she's going to make a great big sister!

I got a camera from my wonderful husband, which I'm thrilled about. I don't think I could have laid on the hints much thicker so I'm glad he got them hah. I'll post a link when I find it online. My current camera just won't turn on anymore. I think it's been dropped one too many times! He also got me Celine Dion perfume, which I love. I got him (and I) tickets for Westside Story, so this Saturday we'll be going to see that in NY. Be nice to go spend some time alone with him while Grandma watches Willow. Especially as the baby will be coming soon and I'm sure there won't be much alone time after that! But I am concerned with how I'm going to manage walking about New York when I struggle to walk across my living room. I'm seriously waddling right now!

1 layer of cake cooling out of the oven

Despite it being the holidays I've not been doing a whole lot of cooking or baking. I did make a cake for Christmas Eve which we were going to spend at Stephen's parent's. They have a sort of open house for everyone on that night. But it was a bit of a disaster getting it there in the car. We left late in the evening, and got stuck on the highway (in seperate cars) for about one and a half hours due to an accident up ahead. Literally not budging the whole time. But I hadn't seen the build up coming and had to quickly slam on the brakes, causing the cake to take a good knock and fall. You can imagine I wasn't really in party mood by the time I got there but it ended up being a nice night. I did manage to salvage it somewhat.

Crumb coating

For the cake - which was a Betty Crocker Vanilla cake, I frosted in almond buttercream and then used the store-bought tube frosting for the piping. This was the only way I was going to get a nice red color but it didn't make getting  a neat shell border easy.

So here's my final cake:

Sure tasted good!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

5 comments:

Claire said...

Willow looks very happy with her new doll.

Tea said...

What a beautiful cake! I'm glad you had a good Christmas and so glad to see a post from you again! Your little girl looks so sweet with her doll. I hope you guys have a great time in NY!! :)

Unknown said...

That will be nice for you and stephen, glad you had a good xmas. that cake looks huge LOL x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tea said...

Kelly,
I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway on my blog right now, just in case you might want to have a look. I miss your posts, but I know what it's like to need a blog break. Hope you're doing well!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails