Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chicken Puff Pie

Chicken Puff Pie


I didn't know what else to call this hah. We had it for dinner yesterday and it's basically chicken pot pie filling served with oh-so-good and buttery puff pastry shells (found in the freezer section at most stores) instead of in pie-form. It was a nice change. And if you make it with pre-cooked and diced chicken like I did it makes for a speedy weekday meal. Literally done in the time it takes to bake the shells which, I think according to the box, was about 20 minutes.

The way I make my pie filling is to mix the chicken with some frozen mixed veggies in a medium saucepan and pour in a jar (2 for a double crust pie) of chicken gravy. Heat on the stove, stirring, until everything is hot. I added some small diced potatoes this time. Then pile the mixture into/onto/around the puff pastry shells.

It could made with any kind of filling. Another quick way could be to use cream of chicken soup. Stephen wants me to try it with chicken stew next time.

3 comments:

Renee said...

yummy! Im a pretty big pot pie fan (:

Tea said...

Mmm. I make homemade chicken pot pie around here and my husband loooves it! It's his favorite. I'll have to share that recipe sometime. Hope you're doing well! Is the baby coming soon? :)

Kelly Polizzi said...

Not soon enough! Few weeks to go but it's dragging by lol. Hope you and you're family are doing well too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails