Thursday, February 4, 2010

Slow cooker Beef Stroganoff

Yesterday's dinner was a big hit with the hubby and little one. And, I have to say, with me too. Technically it's not beef stroganoff, just a quick version and minus the mushrooms (none of us like them) but so nice to be able to just do all in the slow cooker and leave to cook. I got the recipe from the Meal Planning Mommies blog. Lots of good recipes I can't wait to try on there.

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

First mix 2 tbsp. flour, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. pepper.

Cut about 1 - 1 1/2 lb of bottom round steak into cubes and thoroughly coat in the flour mixture. I found this was just about the right amount of meat for two people plus a little one. Pour this into your slow cooker. Or, to save on extra dishes; you could just put the seasonings into the crock pot and mix the steak up in there. I used a seperate bowl so the ingredients would show up better in pics. My crock pot is black.

Add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of water (I added 1 not paying attention and thickened up a little at the end with cornstarch), 1 packet of onion soup mix and stir to combine. Place lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Add half a cup of sour cream during the last 20 minutes or so and stir in.

I followed the recipe and served ours with noodles and carrots. Absolutely delicious ... I will definitely be making this again in the near future :D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails