Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bunny Rabbit Pancakes and Showstopper Strawberry Topping

OK so mine didn't turn out quite like the cute little bunny on the Pillsbury website but it was a big hit with Willow all the same. So much so, she cried her little eyes out when I cut the pancakes up for her. "No noooo! Don't cut his ears Mommy!!' so cute. We had a job convincing her to eat him. 

 
I think if I'd used the frozen pancakes the recipe calls for, instead of making my own, mr rabbit might have looked less scarey 'rustic'.

Bunny Rabbit Pancakes
(A Pillsbury recipe)

1 stack Pillsbury® frozen original microwave pancakes (3 pancakes)
2 raisins
1/2 maraschino cherry
2 pieces (1 1/2 inches each) red string licorice
1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup

1. On large microwavable plate, stack 2 of the pancakes. Microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds.

2. Cut remaining pancake into ears and bow tie. Arrange ears and bow tie around stack of pancakes to look like bunny head. Microwave on High 30 to 45 seconds or until hot.

3. For bunny's face, arrange raisins for eyes (I used choc chips), cherry for nose and string licorice for mouth. Drizzle with syrup. Serve immediately.

Showstopper Strawberry Topping
(From Betty Crocker's Kids Cook! cook book)

 
 We enjoyed our pancakes with Showstopper Strawberry Topping which has gone straight into my 'keepers' folder. I used the leftovers in a cake later and wished I had more to use. I just estimated on the amounts 'cause hubby was hungry and letting me (and the neighbors) all hear about it so there was no time for measuring!


1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (I used a mix of both)
1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jam
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp water

1. If using fresh strawberries, put the strawberries in a colander and rinse them with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.

2. Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut each strawberry into 4 pieces. Or just give a rough chop like I did.

3. Put the strawberries, jam, butter and water in a saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixed. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring all the time, until mixture is bubbly. Enjoy with whatever you would normally put strawberry syrup on.

3 comments:

Tea said...

Very cute! I had to laugh at your "rustic" comment. ;) He really does look cute. :)

Sarah Anne said...

The strawberry pancakes look AWESOME! I have a bag of frozen strawberries in the freezer that I have been trying to figure out how to use!

This is Sarah from Meal Planning mommies, just wanted to let you know that you WON THE BEZALES NECKLACE!

Looking at your beautiful kids, I know you will be able to make a precious keepsake!

I am going to give Cheri, from Bezales, your e-mail address and she will take care of getting you your necklace!

I love your blog and am now following! Maybe you would like to someday do a guest post on our blog? Just let me know! I would love to put up some of your Kid Friendly meals you are making!

Sarah

mealplanningmommies.com
mealplanning@live.com

Kelly Polizzi said...

thanks so much sarah! i am very happy to win something so cool. I'll post a pic of the necklace once it's done :)

Yes! I would love to guest post on your blog. I am an avid follower and have made several of the recipes you guys have posted :D I have lots of fun recipes to share also. How should I go about doing that? Just email a recipe over ... or a post? I've never done it before :)

Thanks for following!

Kelly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails