Bunny Rabbit Pancakes
(A Pillsbury recipe)
1 stack Pillsbury® frozen original microwave pancakes (3 pancakes)
1/2 maraschino cherry
2 pieces (1 1/2 inches each) red string licorice
1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
1. On large microwavable plate, stack 2 of the pancakes. Microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds.
2. Cut remaining pancake into ears and bow tie. Arrange ears and bow tie around stack of pancakes to look like bunny head. Microwave on High 30 to 45 seconds or until hot.
3. For bunny's face, arrange raisins for eyes (I used choc chips), cherry for nose and string licorice for mouth. Drizzle with syrup. Serve immediately.
Showstopper Strawberry Topping
(From Betty Crocker's Kids Cook! cook book)
We enjoyed our pancakes with Showstopper Strawberry Topping which has gone straight into my 'keepers' folder. I used the leftovers in a cake later and wished I had more to use. I just estimated on the amounts 'cause hubby was hungry and letting me (and the neighbors) all hear about it so there was no time for measuring!
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (I used a mix of both)
1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jam
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp water
1. If using fresh strawberries, put the strawberries in a colander and rinse them with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut each strawberry into 4 pieces. Or just give a rough chop like I did.
3. Put the strawberries, jam, butter and water in a saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon until mixed. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring all the time, until mixture is bubbly. Enjoy with whatever you would normally put strawberry syrup on.