Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Willow's Lunch(es)

I'm going to have to play catch up a bit here since I haven't been posting on a regular basis. Sometimes it's just easier to do it this way.

For those wondering, I promise I do actually give my daughter a break from sandwiches once in a while but usually those are the lunches I don't take photos of. Such as rice and meatballs, or pancakes, or chicken nuggets, etc. I think sandwiches make prettier bentos than these things. I'm not creative enough to know how to make mac and cheese look cute! The above was a non-sandwich lunch - or non-bread sandwich anyway, of turkey/bologna and cheese roll-ups. With a little banana bread (which she proudly made all by herself) on the right and some chopped up diced peaches. She really enjoyed it and ate every bite :D

Not sure what day she had this lunch but I remember it just being a simple liverwurst (liver sausage if you're from where I'm from) sandwich and grapes because she'd had a lot to eat that morning. She didn't like the liverwurst despite the cute bunny decoration so she just ate the bread and grapes.

Back to turkey sandwiches, this time decorated like a flower with heart-shaped cheese cutouts and some cucumber/carrots and pretzels with ranch dip in the little bucket container. Not sure what was left of this one. Most likely the carrots!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love that you offer her a wide variety of foods, too!

Kelly Polizzi said...

Thanks, I do try to offer a wide variety.

Unknown said...

I love seeing her lunch each day.
For a way to make mac-n-cheese cuter, make the baked version in nice muffin cups (the paper or silicone ones). Then you can decorate around them with the theme of the cup.
I guess it could work for rice dishes too.
Cant wait to see the next one.

Angeleyes said...

I guess what matter most is Willow finished all of the bento you prepared!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails