Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fish and Chips


Fish and Chips on the menu today. A nice meal I don't get to eat too often (hubby doesn't like fish or peas). All that it was lacking was malt vinegar and I could have closed my eyes and been at home in England! I have to get some of that.

While grocery shopping today I picked up some old bay seasoning and sprinkled that on my fries and boy did they smell great while cooking!! They didn't take long in the oven either. Just about 35 minutes at 350F, turning half way. I turned the oven up to 375 during the last ten minutes or so to crisp them and the cod up.

The cod was just dipped in milk and then rolled in seasoned breadcrumbs. Placed in an oiled ceramic baking dish and then I added some (ok a lot) butter on top. Put it in around ten minutes after the fries and it was all done at the same time. Served with some peas and ketchup for Willow :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm! nice, i love homemade chippies.

Kelly Polizzi said...

don't really have a choice. Not too keen on the frozen kind over here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails