Friday, November 20, 2009

Rice Pudding

Still feeling a bit under the weather. I spent all of last night coughing and keeping my husband awake. And just generally feeling tired and run down. But there’s an end in sight. I finally went to the doctor yesterday about my throat and it turns out I either have strep or Bronchitis so she gave me some antibiotics which would clear up both. Plus some over-the-counter cough medicine that’s safe to take.

Mike (Stephen’s brother) came over in the evening yesterday to help Stephen lay down a floor in our porch (next step, moving the washer and dryer up from the basement and into the porch wooh). They didn’t finish but they made a good start. We had grilled chicken fajitas and leftover Spanish rice for dinner. Then, in the evening, I made some creamy rice pudding.

Tonight my mother in law is having Willow at her house. Stephen and I are going to buy our Christmas tree and then go out for a meal together. I know it’s not the best time to buy trees but I really don’t want to bring out the ugly, white, missing-half-it's-branches tree that we use every year. It’s done. And now I want a nice green tree! This one will also be temporary though. We’ll get a nice big beautiful tree once we move into a bigger house.

Baked Rice Pudding


Makes: 2 big servings or 3 smallish ones.

  • Scant half cup of Arborio or pudding rice
  • 6-7 tsp granulated white sugar
  • 2 ½ cups milk
  • Cinnamon and nutmeg
  • Butter, optional

Preheat oven to 300F.

Put rice into a lightly oiled baking dish.

Add sugar, milk and a good sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir then scatter a few slivers of butter on top.

Cover with foil and bake for 2-2.30 hours.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Hope the antibiotics work quickly for you.

Unknown said...

awww hun hope the medicine get you up and running again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails