Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Five Years Baby!

My husband and I celebrated our fifth anniversary the day before yesterday. Even though technically it’s not until the fourth of June but my husband has to work on that day. Grandma had the babies and we took off for a night alone just being together and actually managed to avoid talking about the kids for the most part. For dinner, we went to The Cheesecake Factory (of course! It’s my fave. Stephen likes it too). I ordered delicious chicken teriyaki with rice and grilled fruit. So yum! Afterward, I got a pineapple upside-down cheesecake.

I am really thankful for my husband. He’s hardworking, honest, supportive and encouraging, extremely thoughtful, funny, and he’s a great Daddy. He’ll go out of his way, and often does, to help anyone. He’ll let me talk till I’m blue in the face if it’s what I need after a long day home with no adult company. I am blessed to have got this guy. But, unbelievably to me now, there was a time we couldn’t foresee being married for five years. In the beginning things were quite rough and stormy for us. Mostly due to my transition from the UK to the US and all the trouble adjusting can bring. I suffered from depression and loneliness which took it’s toll on us. But thanks to prayer and the counsel of our Pastor and his lovely wife, we came through it. Now we have a wonderful relationship and I’ve never been happier. It’s rare that we argue and when we do, it’s over within minutes because one of us will apologize. Would we have made it if we had both been from the same country and it would have been easier to walk away? I don’t know. I don’t care either. I’m just glad that the circumstances were what they were and we didn’t give up. When it comes down to it, faith in God is all the glue we needed, He is able to hold anything together but it can be hard to remember that in the midst of trials you go through when you’re wondering how you got in such a mess. Through it all, we believed He had put us together and knowing He doesn’t make mistakes, we trusted that. I know I’m right where I’m meant to be now and it’s a good feeling. I’m looking forward to the next five years and many more with my awesome guy :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations hun, you make a lovely couple and i am so glad you have found your Mr Right. I am so happy you are happy. Love you loads Nay xx

Kelly Polizzi said...

aww thanks nay, love you too :)

Tea said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I was so excited about reaching the 5 year mark! It sounds like you have a wonderful marriage! :)

Tracey M. said...

I can relate to the first years of marriage being tough. Most of it was because of the high and super romantic expectations I had, but reality wasn't the same. I too believe God is the glue holding us together. I don't know how people even make it without that! It's so nice to celebrate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails